Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By aw451
  • 4 Post By Sith
  • 3 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By zzzwww

Can a dependant visa be cancelled?

Can a dependant visa be cancelled?

good day,i just want to know if my defendant visa here in honkong still valid until reach the expiry date if my husband will cancell my defendant visa now? we've been married for 6 years but we are not divorce or seperated..thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Tsui,Benita p:
    good day,i just want to know if my defendant visa here in honkong still valid until reach the expiry date if my husband will cancell my defendant visa now? we've been married for 6 years but we are not divorce or seperated..thank you
    If I'm not mistaken the answer is no. A visa always stays valid till the expiry date. He can choose not to renew it but can't cancel the existing one.

Only the Director of Immigration has the power to cancel visas

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Only the Director of Immigration has the power to cancel visas
    Only the Chief Executive has the power to curtail (shorten the length of) an approved limit of stay of a non-permanent resident (assuming no such issue as fraud or misrepresentation in the procurement of the approval). Not even the Director of Immigration has that power.
    Tsui,Benita p likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsui,Benita p:
    How long more to get a permanent HK Identity Card (no more visa's), when do you reach the 7 year mark of living in HK on a dependent visa.

Like everyone has said, your HUSBAND CANNOT CANCEL YOUR VISA. only thing he can do is threaten you that he will NOT SPONSOR/SIGN your next Visa extension application. if you reach 7 years then u no longer need him LOL