Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ndt

How many Hongers lost their ROA in the pandemic

Closed Thread

How many Hongers lost their ROA in the pandemic

As you know, if certain Hongers don't return to HK in a number of years, they lose their status. A lot of overseas Hongers must have lost their ROA with the inconvenience of travel in the past few years, but it's a subject rarely talked about.

Quote Originally Posted by premierleague:
    certain Hongers
    What is a Honger?

3 star PR never lose ROA.

Children of SAR passport holders born overseas

But the number must be high. I would imagine tens of thousands of people lost their ROA status in a blink of an eye

Actually anyone can lose their ROA including just regular foreigners who gained ROA by being in HK for 7 yrs. It would've too much trouble for them to go back in the past 3 yrs, so they woulda lost their ROA

Last edited by shri; 28-11-2022 at 01:22 PM.

Zero.

Many must have lost ROA though ImmD doesnt disclose such info, i have always thought of RTL as an unreliable state, not common across the world and could be scrapped anytime since the city politics have become more senstivie and all foreign unknown forces have become enemies .. If and when, don't know but i am of opinion it will disapear one day to better control the population..

shri, markranson and BritishRose like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Does it really matter to paranoids up there what people think or even what reality on the ground is!!

On HK's future, i am 50-50, confident of policymaker's abilities to screw it up as much as they can yet somewhere believer in market forces and all those advantages HK has when its left to run on auto-mode, one set of people will be replaced by other and all that, More Mainlanders/Europeans/South Asians (Particularly Indians with huge talent pool back home in IT/Finance and services desparate to climb ladder overseas) to follow money trail in medium term etc..

Original Post Deleted
    One horde hass unrestricted perpetual (entry) right while other is on need basis on work visa la!!! The former is not adding value seating abroad while later will living in the city, the former has seen HK's history and possibly politically well aware while the later will start afresh with expectations, new normal and new narrative set by overlords, the former is liability while later will be asset and so on.. Or at least thats what overlord's paranoid political mind would think, i imagine..