Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

What happens to my work visa??

What happens to my work visa??

Hello everyone,
    If possible please could anyone share some insight to settle my nerves.

I am currently working as an English teacher in Hong Kong, I've been in Hong Kong since june and i have a 2 year working visa.
    Unfortunately, i would like to resign my current job but have not found a new job.

1. If i resign effective immediately, will my work visa end? will my right to stay in HK be terminated?

2. if i leave the country for a holiday, will I still be allowed to re-enter the country or will I be refused entry?

3. do i have to change to a tourist visa? if i go on said holiday will i be allowed back in as a tourist or does my work visa still permit my entry?

THANK YOU!!!

Your visa is valid till the date that it expires .. not on termination or resignation.

If you get a new job, your new employer will have to apply for a visa for you.. similar justifications to why they want to hire you over local applicants.

SA2016 likes this.

Hello,
    Thank you very much for your input.

Do you know what will happen if I were to visit family in my home country and come back?

Quote Originally Posted by SA2016:
    Do you know what will happen if I were to visit family in my home country and come back?
    Nothing, relax.

Quote Originally Posted by SA2016:
    You can come and go freely UNTIL your visa expires.