Like Tree36Likes

HK ID card appointments not available

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VillanElle:
    Try late afternoons til 2100. No queuing. From 2200 and midnight there are queues for 30-45 min.
    I don’t think there will be fines if you just tell that you’re working on it and being turned away at those 4 branches.
    I did notice that banks are more sensitive. The counter staff completed my new ID info into the system.
    Quote Originally Posted by waiming:
    Eventually it was possible to reserve a slot. We just kept trying the slots which occasionally appeared. Ignoring any that were in the past. And attempting to confirm as fast as possible (within about 10 seconds). Eventually after about eight tries, we got one before it disappeared. The time and location aren't ideal but hey at least it's a slot.

I'm glad we had a laptop to do this, so refreshes were almost instant (~1sec) and we could attempt to confirm really fast. I don't know if we'd have succeeded on a phone.
    Thanks! Somehow managed to book for tomorrow 8PM in...Tuen Mun. That's gonna be fun.
    VillanElle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    So you kept the session the whole time live, where it says "quota exceeded" for all places, and kept refreshing it right?
    Yes exactly, reloading the page that said quota full for every location. And then every 20 minutes or so we had to go back to the start because the session time had expired.
    timonoj likes this.

I tried 30mins ago without needing to refresh and managed to book for a slot at Sham Shui Po - initially offered 22nd March, but could select other dates so got for something further out - the appointment times only for after 5pm but I'm so relieved! (might take a while so bring some snacks or eat just before!)

Thanks for everyone's help. If you still can't book online please keep trying at random times as people have said, and avoid doing it at Midnight - as it seems to be time when everyone is trying to get a slot 3 weeks in advance.

VillanElle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by martoshen:
    How many working days does it take to process the new HKID card from appointment to collection?
    About 8-10 days.
    martoshen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Thanks! Somehow managed to book for tomorrow 8PM in...Tuen Mun. That's gonna be fun.
    Might be too late to warn you if you didn't know but you also need to go back to pick up the card when it's ready...

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    Might be too late to warn you if you didn't know but you also need to go back to pick up the card when it's ready...
    Tuen Mun is about 30 mins from Central. It's hardly the end of the universe.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Tuen Mun is about 30 mins from Central. It's hardly the end of the universe.
    No it's not but it's a huge pain in the ass. It's at least 50 mins by bus. The ID card center there is not anywhere near a MTR station.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cent...37!2m1!5e2!3e3

Quote Originally Posted by seirin:
    No it's not but it's a huge pain in the ass. It's at least 50 mins by bus. The ID card center there is not anywhere near a MTR station.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cent...37!2m1!5e2!3e3
    That's not hard at all. Your advise from google is not that helpful. Catch a 960, 961, 962x and Change at the Tuen Mun Freeway Interchange and get a gold coast bus. They all go past that stop after the Gold Coast. Or just get on the (slower) 952 and go straight there with no faffing around. Buses are so much nicer than MTR. You get a seat, you can doze off or watch the view.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    That's not hard at all. Your advise from google is not that helpful. Catch a 960, 961, 962x and Change at the Tuen Mun Freeway Interchange and get a gold coast bus. They all go past that stop after the Gold Coast. Or just get on the (slower) 952 and go straight there with no faffing around. Buses are so much nicer than MTR. You get a seat, you can doze off or watch the view.
    Yes, serenity now to prepare for hour's when you to get the Tuen Mun registration of persons office even with an advanced booking.

Hi All

So I've finally managed to book an appointment, now they have extended booking allocation to 96 days.

When pre-filling the form after booking the appointment, do I say I claimed British citizenship?

My current HKID says Permanent and I have the Right to Abode, however I am a British citizen by birth - so I'm really confused about how to complete this section.
    But then if I do claim that, this may mean I will lose the Permanent status on the card???

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast