Like Tree36Likes

HK ID card appointments not available

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by martoshen:
    For pre-filling, can you put your hotel address if you don't live in HK?

How do they notify you when you can collect your new card?
    Hotel address is fine, but they probably want something for record - so a relatives address is probably better.

They don't notify you but at the end of the process they will give you a temporary HKID paper with the dates your new HKID will be ready to collect (around 5-10 working days).
    martoshen and BritishRose like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeJayee:
    Maybe I'm a little older than you? *** means over 18

Reference: https://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/rop133.pdf
    Holder’s eligibility for a HKSAR Re-entry Permit
    ***The holder is aged 18 or over and is eligible for a HKSAR Re-entry Permit.
    *The holder is aged between 11 and 17 and is eligible for a HKSAR Re-entry Permit
    You are confusing so many things in many posts.

*** does not mean you are over 18, it means your nationality is Chinese
    3 yrs condition to maintain ROA does not apply to *** holders.
    shri and BritishRose like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeJayee:
    Maybe I'm a little older than you? *** means over 18

Reference: https://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/rop133.pdf
    Holder’s eligibility for a HKSAR Re-entry Permit
    ***The holder is aged 18 or over and is eligible for a HKSAR Re-entry Permit.
    *The holder is aged between 11 and 17 and is eligible for a HKSAR Re-entry Permit

Are your parents from HK and you first registered your HKID before 1997? Back then the requirements of who gets *** was slightly different to now.
    shri and BritishRose like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kma88:
    Are your parents from HK and you first registered your HKID before 1997? Back then the requirements of who gets *** was slightly different to now.
    That's correct because my mum was born in HK and has ***
    Plus I apparently went back in 1997, but when I applied in 2011 they didn't give me any ***, just has the letters AO on my HKID.
    I think I will ask them when I go.

If you don't have *** on your HKID that means you are not considered a Chinese national, so just declare British nationality on the form. Your HK PR is only a resident status so does not contradict your British nationality.

As others have said, *** = eligibility for HKSAR Re-Entry permit, which in turns = Chinese nationality.

I believe before 1997, ImmD's determination of Chinese nationality = ethnic Chinese. After 1997, Chinese nationality is based on PRC's nationality law. That's why some overseas born people have *** on their HKID despite not being eligible for the HKSAR passport. They registered for HKID before the handover.

Quote Originally Posted by kma88:
    If you don't have *** on your HKID that means you are not considered a Chinese national, so just declare British nationality on the form. Your HK PR is only a resident status so does not contradict your British nationality.

As others have said, *** = eligibility for HKSAR Re-Entry permit, which in turns = Chinese nationality.

I believe before 1997, ImmD's determination of Chinese nationality = ethnic Chinese. After 1997, Chinese nationality is based on PRC's nationality law. That's why some overseas born people have *** on their HKID despite not being eligible for the HKSAR passport. They registered for HKID before the handover.
    I think that makes sense now...well sort of.

Would it also be possible if I can change my name during the replacement appointment?
    The only issue I have is that I have now lost my original Deed Poll so I will need to get a replacement.

has this issue still not been resolved? i tried to make appointments for my kids, all quota full...

If you can spend few hours sitting and refreshing the browser, you can certainly book a slot cancelled by someone. It might be any of the centre and timing, cant be of your preferred choice. At least this was the case until three days back.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    has this issue still not been resolved? i tried to make appointments for my kids, all quota full...

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Unfortunately not because of the high demand.
    You have to keep refreshing the page, but I highly recommend you try and book in the morning.
    By the way you can make a group booking, so you don't have to book for individual persons.
    I've managed to book an appointment for a relative this morning UK time.

Quote Originally Posted by BritishRose:
    Unfortunately not because of the high demand.
    You have to keep refreshing the page, but I highly recommend you try and book in the morning.
    By the way you can make a group booking, so you don't have to book for individual persons.
    I've managed to book an appointment for a relative this morning UK time.
    Where is the high demand coming from though?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast