Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shree711

Accommodation for dependent visa

Closed Thread

Accommodation for dependent visa

Hey,

i wanted to ask if I can share accommodation with friend while applying dependent visa, only her name is on the tenancy agreement.
    P.S. started living here recently.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Newhere13:
    Hey,

i wanted to ask if I can share accommodation with friend while applying dependent visa, only her name is on the tenancy agreement.
    P.S. started living here recently.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Shouldn't you be living with your sponsor?

He is currently living in his own country, will move out once he is here. I’m just staying there until the visa is approved.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Shouldn't you be living with your sponsor?

He is currently living in his own country, will move out once he is here. I’m just staying there until the visa is approved.

So what visa are you on now? Depending on your nationalities I can't see immigration approving your dependent visa until he is living here.

I recently arranged a dependant visa for my brother-in-law even though my sister (a PR) is living in India with him. You just need to write a solid explanation. I provided all the correct information and made the application quite heavy, got the visa 2 weeks ago. Took 5 weeks I think.

Last edited by shree711; 02-04-2023 at 12:14 AM.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    So what visa are you on now? Depending on your nationalities I can't see immigration approving your dependent visa until he is living here.
    Oh no, I completely mistyped it, I meant started living with her recently. I’m HKPR, he is from Pakistan.

Oh no, I completely mistyped it, I meant started living with her recently. I’m HKPR, he is from Pakistan.
    You're going to have a hard time proving you can support a dependent if you have no home.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    You're going to have a hard time proving you can support a dependent if you have no home.
    This is going to be an issue. In my brother-in-law's application, my sister provided all her details as well as the details of our house and also got my father to write a letter saying that he's willing to support anything if at all required.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    This is going to be an issue. In my brother-in-law's application, my sister provided all her details as well as the details of our house and also got my father to write a letter saying that he's willing to support anything if at all required.
    she is also going to write me letter that she will allow my husband and I to stay at here place.