Immigration into Canada

Closed Thread

Immigration into Canada

I am British citizen and hold a permanent HKID card since my parents are from HKG. I'd like to have the freedom to live where I choose. After visiting my Canadian relatives several times in Vancouver and Toronto, I would like to choose to live there in the near future.

Money shouldn't be a problem, but l have been infromed l would need to find work. ls this true? Well l could easily get qualified to be a gym instructor! l am self employed Landlord and Trader (aka gambler or investor!) Does anyone have useful comments?

thanks in advance

So far you have freedom to live in HK or anywhere in Europe ... how much more do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by nixodian:
    self employed Landlord
    where should i start

you can apply for investment immigration which will prob cost 120K USD...

Quote Originally Posted by nixodian:
    I am British citizen and hold a permanent HKID card since my parents are from HKG. I'd like to have the freedom to live where I choose. After visiting my Canadian relatives several times in Vancouver and Toronto, I would like to choose to live there in the near future.

Money shouldn't be a problem, but l have been infromed l would need to find work. ls this true? Well l could easily get qualified to be a gym instructor! l am self employed Landlord and Trader (aka gambler or investor!) Does anyone have useful comments?

thanks in advance
    If money is no object, as jxz20 said an investment based migration is probably an option, i assume a lot of Chinese went this route pre-1997. Otherwise, not sure of the Canadian family migration sponsorship rules are, are your Canadian relatives close enough to sponsor you over perhaps?

-titus