Like Tree17Likes

HKPR - 2024 January - Experience

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

... and mine has also just updated to “Invitation to attend the Right of Abode Section for application formalities has been issued” on Wednesday.

Application 22nd Jan, with CNY holidays in between.

Seems fairly consistent with others here despite the different category, which makes me think they just process sequentially.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ph1lW:
    Still confused about the date when you are eligible for the 7 years, and whether they have designed the system so you are just short of 7 years and need to apply for a final GEP extension.
    These days the GEP validity usually follows a 2+3+3 schedule (unless you earn over 2 million p.a. in which case you get 2+6) so it shouldn't run out before you turn your PR application in.
    shri likes this.

I would like to share my experience of the verification of PR and application of permanent HKID card today(27 February 2024, following the approval of PR on 21 February 2024).

-Verification:

I went to 15F of the Immigration Tower at Wan Chai. The appointment time was 11 a.m.
    Arrived around 10:45, there are 7-8 applicants and only one lady in the queue for the reception. Handed the letter, HKID and passport to the reception, I got a number for waiting. After 1 minute, I was called and the lady officer completed checking my documents with few words.
    After making sure my information was correct, she handed “the notice of application letter” and said I could apply new HKID at Kwun Tong at 1 p.m. today. Slightly disappointed knowing I could not apply at 8F immediately afterwards; I informed her that I had already booked Cheung Sha Wan in the afternoon.
    All process was pretty efficient, it took less than 10 minutes for all.

-Applying new HKID card:

3F of Cheung Sha Wan government office was pretty packed. The appointment was 5 p.m.; I arrived 15 minutes earlier. I queued about 15 minutes for the registration, then perhaps 20 minutes at “green waiting zone” until my number was called. Then I handed the documents to the officer; she went through it, then took finger prints and photos. Asked to go to the final check and took finger prints again, then was handed a paper for picking up new HKID on 7 March and afterwards. My current HKID was taken and I was handed a paper proof of PR in the case for traveling.
    The whole process took around 45 minutes. I recommend to fill the form online in advance.

shri likes this.

great, this was fast for you!

I have submitted online application with all ITR 2 weeks back still shows in progress. I have submitted application after completing 7 years without any break >1 month.

wondering how to manage to submit additional document voluntary.

Last edited by whitewalker; 07-03-2024 at 11:06 AM.

I applied on 11 March, received letter dated 15 March, and still showing "in progress" as of 5 minutes ago.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    I applied on 11 March, received letter dated 15 March, and still showing "in progress" as of 5 minutes ago.
    I'd say check again in a couple of hours.
    Crankshaft likes this.

Timeline for my case -

28th Feb - applied online after completing 7 years.
    18th March - received the letter for document verification for 8th Apr but rescheduled it to 19th March! (I would recommend to check for available slot late in night(~10 - 11pm) for possibility of getting appointment in next 1-2 days).
    19th March - document verified in Wan Chai and applied for HKID in Kwun Tong later in afternoon.
    28th March - Collected HKID card

So it took 1 month from application to HKID in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    Slight thread hijack here (apologies) but my 7 years is also fast approaching and I am getting prepared to apply for PR.
    So I have started looking into the application form and am a bit confused as to what date to put as my "start date" for my 7 years...

Long story short there was a slight delay in approval of my initial GEP visa (should have been effective 1 May which was my contract start date) such that I arrived in HK on a tourist visa (30 April), then once the visa was approved I did a day trip to Macao and back to activate it (date of entry 13 May).

Presumably it would be 13 May I need to use for date of entry?

Quote Originally Posted by Firemin:
    So I have started looking into the application form and am a bit confused as to what date to put as my "start date" for my 7 years...

Long story short there was a slight delay in approval of my initial GEP visa (should have been effective 1 May which was my contract start date) such that I arrived in HK on a tourist visa (30 April), then once the visa was approved I did a day trip to Macao and back to activate it (date of entry 13 May).

Presumably it would be 13 May I need to use for date of entry?
    13 May
    shri and aw451 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by whitewalker:
    Timeline for my case -

28th Feb - applied online after completing 7 years.
    18th March - received the letter for document verification for 8th Apr but rescheduled it to 19th March! (I would recommend to check for available slot late in night(~10 - 11pm) for possibility of getting appointment in next 1-2 days).
    19th March - document verified in Wan Chai and applied for HKID in Kwun Tong later in afternoon.
    28th March - Collected HKID card

So it took 1 month from application to HKID in hand.
    Seems pretty arbitrary. I am a pretty clear and cut case and have been waiting 2 months. I'm in no hurry so just going with the flow.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3