Like Tree17Likes

Travel to China on HKSAR passport

Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    36

    How can i add her chinese name on hkid plus hksar ?


  2. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Heer25:
    How can i add her chinese name on hkid plus hksar ?
    The first step is to add it to her HKID. You need to do this through the Immigration Department:

    https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...mend_hkid.html

    After that is complete then she can apply for a new passport.
    Morrison and BritishRose like this.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    36

    Thank you


  4. #14

    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    36

    Do i need a deed poll for this ?


  5. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Posts
    657
    Quote Originally Posted by Heer25:
    Do i need a deed poll for this ?
    If she is adding a Chinese name for the very first time, no a deed poll is not necessary.
    Morrison, Heer25, alexdown and 1 others like this.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,765
    Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    If she is adding a Chinese name for the very first time, no a deed poll is not necessary.
    true
    Heer25 likes this.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,765

    The Chines name doesn’t have to be in the passport, if it’s on the HK ID card it’s enough, however, it will be in her next HK passport

    Heer25 likes this.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Nov 2023
    Posts
    36

    But if i need to make her home return permit i will need her chinese name on the passport


  9. #19

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,189
    Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    If she is adding a Chinese name for the very first time, no a deed poll is not necessary.
    My personal experience however, is that when you go to ImmD they ask you to write the Chinese name on a piece of paper (paper form). So you may want to practice your handwriting!!

  10. #20

    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    1,735
    Quote Originally Posted by alexdown:
    My personal experience however, is that when you go to ImmD they ask you to write the Chinese name on a piece of paper (paper form). So you may want to practice your handwriting!!
    Or you bring it on piece of paper (written by chinese friend) and ask the officer to write it for you, thats my personal experience..
    qhank and BritishRose like this.

Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast