Like Tree5Likes

Applying for Chinese Visa with 3* HKID + Foreign Passport (British)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

It's a little confusing, but I think it boils down to whether I can find my mothers settlement status during my birth? I already know I can get citizenship and an HK Passport, as long as I can find evidence of my mothers status. Last time I applied they needed me to show the evidence, but I didn't have it so I was rejected. The problem is we don't have the passport + visa she used to enter Germany at the time. Unless there's other avenues or evidence I can use to prove her status.

To summarize:

• My Father has both British-HK and British Citizenship during my birth
    • My Father obtained British Citizenship via the 5 year route
    • My Mother only has a British-HK Citizenship during my birth
    • They were both born in Hong Kong
    • I was born in Germany during the 90s
    • I am a British Citizen
    • I currently have a HKID 3 stars AO

Edit: Okay so after understanding a little more. If I can prove both my Father and Mother (She currently has British Citizenship) were both not British Citizens at birth, there is another path to a HK Passport. I'm not sure what kind of evidence I would need to prove that.
    Last edited by Purple Pearl; 22-02-2024 at 03:05 PM.

No, only one needs to count as not settled abroad.
    The AND condition was about foreign nationality in article 5 .

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    No, only one needs to count as not settled abroad.
    The AND condition was about foreign nationality in article 5 .
    Like I mentioned earlier, I already knew that since applying previously but just lack the necessary evidence. My mother was not settled abroad and used a visa to enter Germany.

I might just have to settle by going back to the UK and just getting a regular tourist visa.

What passport did you get when you were born? Since you said you aquired UK citizenship later doesn't that mean you had a BNO or HK passport? Wouldn't this already be proof enough? You should have some kind of travel document while you were in Germany since you were a foreigner.

Quote Originally Posted by mwong222:
    What passport did you get when you were born? Since you said you aquired UK citizenship later doesn't that mean you had a BNO or HK passport? Wouldn't this already be proof enough? You should have some kind of travel document while you were in Germany since you were a foreigner.
    I didn't have any official passport until my family moved to the UK.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2