Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By kma88

HKID / Commission of Registration told me to reapply for hkid (after passport reject)

HKID / Commission of Registration told me to reapply for hkid (after passport reject)

Commission of Registration told me to reapply for hkid (after passport reject)
    has anyone gotten this experience before? I got rejected for my HK passport. I have US and ROC/Taiwan nationality. HK passport officer rejected me, because I was born overseas. I appealed hk passport. and hkid. tbh my dad left in the 60s when hk passport didnt even exist, Im more interested in the hkid. basically tribunal and commission says they didnt refuse me hkid. I called comission, they told me to come to hk and reapply for hkid. I applied for the id through the prc consulate

Were you born before or after 1/7/1997?

Quote Originally Posted by qhank:
    Were you born before or after 1/7/1997?
    before

That means you have RoA or RTL but not Chinese nationality. So not eligible for HKSAR passport but eligible for hkid. Hksar passport (and permanent hkid if applied together) can be applied and collected from overseas. But if only hkid then you can only apply physically in HK.

shafiq, PLamHK, qhank and 1 others like this.