Like Tree21Likes

Timing HK PR/VEPIC Application

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

If you submit the form online the acknowledgement letter mentions the date you pressed the submit button.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    If it’s ROP 145 VEPIC and nothing has changed over the years then it’s suffice
    you mail your application in, at the end of the process they will cross check the
    mail chop with the chop in your passport. That’s what I have done, VEPIC by virtue
    of being a Chinese national with ROA in HK.

You can leave the same day

That's amazing. Just for my understanding, I go there with the application, required documents, passport, etc,
    and then I can go through the process, which involves mailing/ submitting my application, and cross-checking the documents. This should mean I should get my passport on the same day right? Since I need my passport to leave the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    If you submit the form online the acknowledgement letter mentions the date you pressed the submit button.
    Oh, so you suggest just submitting the form on the day August 16, rather than needing to go in person and mailing it in?

Quote Originally Posted by mcsuy17:
    Oh, so you suggest just submitting the form on the day August 16, rather than needing to go in person and mailing it in?
    Not a recommendation but just sharing my experience. When you go in person it just goes into a drop box, they may not "receive" it in their system until the next day.

That's amazing. Just for my understanding, I go there with the application, required documents, passport, etc,
    and then I can go through the process, which involves mailing/ submitting my application, and cross-checking the documents. This should mean I should get my passport on the same day right? Since I need my passport to leave the next day.
    At that stage nobody is even remotely interested in your passport

How do I apply for VEPIC on that day though. If i submit my application on that day, then won't it take a while to be processed or can I just go in person on that day? If this is possible, how do I book / schedule this?
    You can submit your application online, so it will be date / time stamped.

Just to reiterate again as you've had mixed messages here - DO apply to extend your visa first.

When you submit the application it's forms and copies of documents only. That's the date that you officially apply.

Later on after they've reviewed your application you'll be asked for an "interview" where they verify your physical documents - that's when you take your passport. At no point do you leave your passport with them. You will need to return to HK for this appointment if you've already headed off to uni by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:
    When you submit the application it's forms and copies of documents only. That's the date that you officially apply.

Later on after they've reviewed your application you'll be asked for an "interview" where they verify your physical documents - that's when you take your passport. At no point do you leave your passport with them. You will need to return to HK for this appointment if you've already headed off to uni by that point.
    Thanks for this, I understand now and really appreciate the advice!
    Beanieskis and Morrison like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4