Like Tree6Likes

BNO Eligibility

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ah I just checked my nationality and it is BDTC

Well I guess no BNO for me. Thank you everyone for clarifying and helping me get to this point. Sad but that's life.

Yes, as a BDTC who is also a Chinese Citizen (as per your HKSAR passport) and didn't apply for BN(O) and neither of whose parents have BN(O) status, then that's pretty much it, yes.

Britannia sailed away many moons ago. That was the deadline for applications.

The limitation didn't come from the UK.
    That's interesting - I thought the restrictions around applying for BNO (need to apply in person before handover etc) were designed to reduce the numbers applying for a status the UK never wanted to create?

If your intention is to get a BNO visa to enter and live in UK so you can work freely without the need for work sponsor.

You should go ahead and try with your old BDTC passport and HKSAR passport. some HK locals with just HKSAR passport have been granted BNO visa to enter UK. Do some research, go find UK/HK facebook groups to get more concrete info.

https://www.gov.uk/british-national-overseas-bno-visa

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedBNO:
    It doesn't seem fair that people under the age of 18 of handover isn't eligble to apply for BNO later.
    Yes, unfortunately nationality law can often seem unfair and arbitrary. You're right that this doesn't look like it can work for you. I'm sorry to hear that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2