Like Tree31Likes

Panicking as visa renewal deadline approaches

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Not sure if this helps you in any way but received GEP visa renewal within 3-weeks. If it is the same, should come just in time for you, hopefully.
    Best of luck! Hope everything works out.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    What holiday on 11th? The holiday is on 10th, Monday.
    Yes the other 11th. Sorry .. have my dates and days all messed up.

I've been there in this situation on this visa, and they called me. I asked "if it's ok for me to stay in HK and continue working?" and they said yes.
    So don't overthink it.

utkonos9 likes this.

A

Last edited by Annoyed; 07-06-2024 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Misclicked

Update: I followed most of the advice in this forum and this is how it turned out:

- The day before the deadline, I went to the immigration office in person and they said *not* to leave Hong Kong (surprisingly, it wasn't very busy either).
    - More documents were requested (such as bank statements and rental contract) but I eventually got the visa a couple of weeks after the deadline.
    - Since I am currently unemployed, the question of whether I was allowed to work during the period of waiting for visa renewal did not come up.

I did find the people in the immigration office more helpful than the ones on the phone, so many thanks to the people who suggested going there in person. It certainly saved me a lot of stress!

emx, shri, PLamHK and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by utkonos9:
    Update: I followed most of the advice in this forum and this is how it turned out:

- The day before the deadline, I went to the immigration office in person and they said *not* to leave Hong Kong (surprisingly, it wasn't very busy either).
    - More documents were requested (such as bank statements and rental contract) but I eventually got the visa a couple of weeks after the deadline.
    - Since I am currently unemployed, the question of whether I was allowed to work during the period of waiting for visa renewal did not come up.

I did find the people in the immigration office more helpful than the ones on the phone, so many thanks to the people who suggested going there in person. It certainly saved me a lot of stress!
    Yes, in person for the win when dealing with large faceless bureaucracies. HK, being small, no problem showing up in person, not as easy with US/CN/Australia.

So glad it worked out for you, I am not a "last minute" person so I find this kind of thing very stressful.
    utkonos9 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3