Holiday in HK - How long can stay?

Closed Thread

Holiday in HK - How long can stay?

Hi

How long can you stay in HK without working (over the age of 18) as if on a holiday?

Thanks
    Amanda

It depends on which passport you hold. Anything from not at all without a visa up to 6 months.

If my powers of intuition are correct and it's an Australian then 3 months.

Thankyou!!!

can I get a 90days visit visa

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    It depends on which passport you hold. Anything from not at all without a visa up to 6 months.

If my powers of intuition are correct and it's an Australian then 3 months.
    my friend is a Philippine passport holder and his wife is working in Hongkong as entertainer, can he get a 90 days visit visa so he can stay there longer?He always get 14 days valid stay only when going to Hongkong.If so how can he avail of this 90 days visa?

Thank you so much
    Last edited by strike67; 12-01-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: clerical error

The most likely option is as an "Extended Visitor". He can go to the Immigration Department in Wanchai and ask them for an extension which might well be granted, particularly if his wife is a genuine entertainer (singing in the Grand Hyatt or something); this could simply be for 14 days more, or for the whole period. If her employer showed their support to Immigration then even better.

On the other hand, if she is working in a brothel (which is what most of the "entertainer" visas are for) then I suspect that both Immigration and her traffickers/pimps would be less keen to have him around.