Like Tree1Likes

Investment Visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Investment Visa

Hi everyone,

I am going to invest $6.5mil in HK and I am willing to get a temporary HKID. Now i am curious about the HKID, as i heard, i have to wait 7 years to get the permanent HKID. So with the temporary HKID, Can i get a HK Passporteand travel to USA without visa? I live in China and i am a Chinese resident.

Thanks for all the help,

William

Sorry to be a downer, but the Capital Investment Entrant Scheme is only open to Chinese nationals who have obtained permanent resident status in a foreign country. So I don't think you are able to obtain the capital investment visa. Furthermore, holders of a HK passport still need a visa to visit the US (although I think it is only a formality).

Last edited by chimo; 19-01-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamLin:
    Hi everyone,

So with the temporary HKID, Can i get a HK Passport and travel to USA without visa?

William
    No, you can't get a HK passport and no, AFAIK, even when you get a Permanent ID and a HK passport you still won't be able to travel to the US without a visa (unless the criteria change in the meantime).

Probably best to contact HK Immigration dept for the details of applying for your HK visa, they'll tell you what you need to know/do but a visa, ID card and passport are all very different things.

William, You can just get Philippines permanent residency by depositing 75k usd, and then apply for the HK CIES. That is the route taken by my mainland friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus:
    William, You can just get Philippines permanent residency by depositing 75k usd, and then apply for the HK CIES. That is the route taken by my mainland friends.
    USD$75,000 where? to get a Philippine Permanent Resident? Meaning you will also be able to get a Philippine Passport?

No - just permanent residency. But all that is needed for a mainland Chinese to apply for a visa like any other foreigner is for them to hold permanent residence anywhere other than China.

Quote Originally Posted by Erasmus:
    Anymore information on this such as links?

Thank you

BryanL likes this.

Thanks PDLM for the link.

It's pretty vague still, so just curious for anyone who has done this or know directly, is it possible let say for a mainland Chinese to just open a bank account in the Philippines with HSBC or SCB and then deposit the equivalent of $75,000USD and will automatically get residency? Can this be done abroad or must they go to the Philippines first? Also, how long would the process take?

Thanks!

Agents in China will "help" you to get the 6.5 mil HK ID card. They will also set you up with some African nationality for HK$ 200,000 to satisfy the overseas permanent residency needed for the HKID. No need to travel.

That's what my brother-in-law did, for him, his wife and his daughter. I wouldn't believe him when he told me, but in the meantime he received his ID cards.

What I am wondering is if these people still need to live in HK for 7 years to get permanent ID cards, or if the agents will "help" them again to make that up?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast