Dependant Visa Question

Dependant Visa Question

Hi,

I have recently acquired my Hong Kong ID and is planning to bring my family later on. MY wife and I have 3 kids but the problem is we don't have any legal adoption paper
    for my eldest child (she's actually our niece and we've been taking care of her for six years, she's turning seven this year).
    Anyway, to cut the story short, I am not sure how I can bring her in together with my wife and other 2 kids since I think only legitimate children are valid for application of dependent visa.
    I have checked with the immigration department and was advised that I can bring her in on student visa instead just need acceptance letter of sort from any local or international school here. Can please enlighten me on the details of how I will go about with this?
    And finally, would there by any other way I can bring my niece on a dependent visa? Any advise that can help me with this problem, I'll be very much thankful for.

regards,

>> And finally, would there by any other way I can bring my niece on a dependent visa?

Would be difficult. I would assume that there is some evidence that you have been her primary caretaker for the last several years?

I would seriously suggest going to Immigration and seeking a senior officer to talk to.

Might also not be too late to put some formal paperwork through, for adoption -- you're going to have to deal with this issue everywhere... i.e. you cannot make decisions for someone who you're not a legal guardian to.