dependent visa without marriage?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

PDLM - i have filipino passport, would i be able to be a DH if i didn't already live in Hong Kong? i don't look 'typically' filipino but would that matter, or do they just "profile" based on your citizenship?

Citizenship is the primary thing I believe - the Philippines is a complete mish-mash racially anyway. As a Filipino you would also need various paperwork from your consulate.

Tbalsamo

I'd like to stay in Hong Kong much longer with my fiance... We want to get married, but not rush into marriage because of "visa issues" And we have been together for quite a while, she is more than financially stable. Do you think they governement will grant me permission to extend my stay in hong Kong much longer?

not unless you can prove your marriage is imminent (did i spell that right?)

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    not unless you can prove your marriage is imminent (did i spell that right?)
    Yes they will almost certainly want to see that you are at least planning your marriage.

Tbalsamo,

Just go through the bare legal minimum formalities now. Only the two of you, the solicitor/official and the two witnesses (who can be random people off the street if you want) need know your legal status (plus Immigration and Inland Revenue, who it makes sense to tell). You can do your public "wedding" anywhere at some later time of your choosing.

Remember that if your fiance is a HK taxpayer then there is also a financial benefit of up to HK$16,000/year in tax savings from being married.