GEP - Working Visa

Closed Thread

GEP - Working Visa

Hi,

I have been offered a position to relocate to HK. The company and I have just filled in all the necessary application and provided all the documents.

The HK Immigration said it should take 4 weeks to process. Has anyone been rejected, if so, what were the reason??

Also, I am looking at moving to Central/Soho area, wanted to know on average what the monthly bills were?? Someone mentioned it would be around HKD$2,000. Please advise?

Thank you

Plenty of people are rejected - essentially because ImmD isn't convinced that there are no permanent residents who could do the job. Utility bills vary hugely. There are people who post here who claim to pay over HK$10,000/month for electricity alone. It depends how big your place is, ghow addicted you are to aircon, and so on. For a small place for one person who is out all day, $2,000 should cover it most months.

thank you for your reply

Hello PDLM, I am glad you posted this. I am also waiting on my working visa for Hong Kong and it's been about 5 weeks already. I hope that I have not been rejected.

Shadezofme, I am curious, how long have you been waiting for your visa?

There's a lot of people who got rejected in getting a working visa.
    As for me i got my working visa in just 10 working days.

well, it all depends on your work experience, education and if you can convince the ImmD that there's no locals can fill the position.

Quote Originally Posted by calijacks23:
    Hello PDLM, I am glad you posted this. I am also waiting on my working visa for Hong Kong and it's been about 5 weeks already. I hope that I have not been rejected.
    4-6 weeks on average assuming your paperwork is in order.