HK ID for my New Born Baby Girl

Closed Thread

HK ID for my New Born Baby Girl

To anyone that has an idea on my question...

1. I am a holder of a HKID with a Philippine Passport.
    2. My dad is a HK citizen. and My mom is a Philippine citizen.
    3. My wife has no HKID but with a Philippine Passport.
    4. My daughter has no HKID with no Passport.
    5. I am currently residing in Manila with my wife. With a Philippine marriage contract.

Question:

1. Is my daughter eligible to get a HKID?
    2. Is my wife eligible to get a HKID?
    3. If yes, does anyone know the procedure?

Thank you very much.

I think we need to know why you have a HKID and whether or not it is permanent or not.

Also I think we need to know if you expect both wife and daughter to live in HK or not.

also, what do you mean by HK citizen? there's no such thing as hk is not a country. rather there are different types of residents and residential status.

when you say your dad is a hk citizen, what do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I think we need to know why you have a HKID and whether or not it is permanent or not.

Also I think we need to know if you expect both wife and daughter to live in HK or not.
    Oh sorry for not being specific.

1. I had my HKID processed because my dad is a HK permanent resident and also has a HK passport.

2. What I carry is a HK permanent ID but my passport is from the Philippines.

3. We don't expect to move anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    also, what do you mean by HK citizen? there's no such thing as hk is not a country. rather there are different types of residents and residential status.

when you say your dad is a hk citizen, what do you mean?
    He has a HK passport and a permanent resident card.

Well from that I cannot see why his wife and daughter should have any problem getting dependent visa's should they wish to move to HK .. not sure they can get anything if they don't want to move though?

I would say:
    1. If she was born in The Philippines then no. (If she had been born in HK, then probably yes.)
    2. No.
    3. N/A

But as Min07 says, if you want to move to HK then they would have no difficulty getting Dependant Visas (and then PR in their own right if they live here for 7 years). If you have no plans to leave the Philippines why would you want a HKID card?