Foreigner marrying a Mainland citizen

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Because the Dependant Visa rules quoted don't apply to your wife if you hold RTL. In that case I think the "one way permit" that people discussed above is necessary.

None of my business I know, but I'm curious what the point is of marrying someone who you aren't going to live with?
    Well, you have been so kind to help me now and in the past, how can I not answer your curious mind!

Well, we plan on marrying, that is no doubt. I am Canadian and she is from mainland China. We had met in Korea while both studying abroad there and that was just under 2 years ago. We know the best way for us to be together is through marriage, and we both want it as well so we plan on getting married soon. She is currently working and I am a student finishing off my undergrad. I will be going to HK to study at HKBU for my final semester and then graduating at the end of this year. If I can find a job in HK, I will stay, if not, I will come back to Canada to work here where the job market is probably a bit easier. But regardless, after I graduate, we will probably tie the knot either in HK or Mainland. She cannot come to Canada on a visa because she does not have the sufficient funds unless she sells off her property which is not what we want. So we plan to marry and work through the immigration so she can come to Canada. But if the miracle I do get a job in HK, then we will find a way for her to come to HK.

So, basically, we love each other and just want to be together

Want to get me a job?

Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL:
    Want to get me a job?
    Only after I've found one for myself.

But best of luck with your plans anyway!
    Last edited by PDLM; 09-03-2009 at 02:47 PM.