Visa before seeing contract???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes - it is your g/f who is applying for the visa - the employer is just her sponsor. She needs to sign the application form ID990A and her employer the sponsor's form ID990B. See The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

EDIT _ Actually, the forms have changed recently, and, strangely, I now see that they really are two separate forms, and the Applicant DOESN'T actually need to make any reference at all to the sponsoring company on the form that they fill in. Which is really very strange. And, to me, wrong.

Last edited by PDLM; 13-03-2009 at 03:57 PM.

your girlfriend will submit documentation and the company will submit documentation...two separate forms...she won't sign (and therefor may not be offered a look at) the companies documentation...

http://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/ID990B.pdf is the from for the company, including salary, but no provision for the employee to sign

http://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/ID990A.pdf is her form, with no reference to her specific employer

i suggest you read through this stuff carefully to get a better idea of what she needs to do and NOT do

Last edited by timklip; 13-03-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Yes - that's what I just noticed. It wasn't that way in the past.

IMO this is really quite a retrograde step by ImmD - it opens employees up to all sorts of abuse by rogue employers.

Based on all this new info (just read the ID991 guide) this prospective employer is trying to "school" her or they are very poorly informed (i think the ladder though). Well, thanks for the info and ideas, now she can arm herself for the next meeting!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2