Additional documents to be requested for tourist visa

Closed Thread

Additional documents to be requested for tourist visa

Heard that the immigration may ask for additional supporting document after 4 wks and it ll take another 4 wks until u know the result.

1) Is that true?
    2) For the tourist visa, what usually are the additional supporting doc from the local sponsor side and the applicant side that the immigration would wanna see apart from the items listed in the id1004 checklist from the immigration website?
    3) Can we juz provide those additional supporting doc to the immigration in the first place, like at the same time with the visa application, so that we dun hv to wait until they ask for them and wait 4 more wks?

Thanks again

I think you might need to state your nationality and why you are coming for others to help you (for a tourist I struggle to see why you need a sponsor but this is not an area I am too familiar with!)

Nationals from countries like Pakistan and Nigeria, are on a restricted entry status at HKIMD, because of reasons like, terrorist activity, basket case politics, human rights issues, but the main concern with the HKSAR govt, is the frequency that certain nationals are caught overstaying here.

Robmero's difficulty will be even finding a sponsor who is willing to sponsor him, as the sponsor will be liable for them, ie if they commit a crime in HK, the sponsor is left holding the legal responsibility bag, for things like deportation costs, if Robmero should decide to overstay and disappear into the shadows of Chung King Mansion, or Skek Kong/Kam Tin ( Known places the police know about ) where certain over stayer nationalities habitually hide.

Last edited by Skyhook; 17-03-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Reviewing earlier posts...

robomero is a female Thai wishing to enter HK as a visitor for longer than the 21 days in order to stay with her boyfriend (also Thai) who is here on an Employment Visa. They do not wish to get married (the easiest solution).

robomero,

My experience with HK Immigration (on other types of visa) is that if you provide them with everything that they ask for then things can go quite smoothly, but if you don't then they will ask for the missing items a few weeks later and this delays the process. If there are any items that they ask for which you cannot provide then don't ignore this - write a covering letter to Immigration explaining why you cannot provide the items that they asked for.

Last edited by PDLM; 17-03-2009 at 11:56 AM.

wow... PDLM, i find that s such a valuable, great advice indeed. thanks so much. i ll do that.

and thanks to the others' comments too