another china multiple entry visa question

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Are 1 year multiple entry visa's still possible?

Reason I ask is that I was out with some people last night and one of them said that he tried getting a year visa a few weeks ago and was told you can only get 6 month visa's (btw he's canadian with HKID and was applying for an "L" visa). I know this is second hand info, was just wondering if anyone else has had experience recently on getting a year visa.
    Can't see why this would be he case as I am a Canadian living mostly in HK these days with HKID and work visa with a multiple entry visa for China (L) that is for one year.

I applied at the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Wanchai and got it in a few days. That is better than doing it a China Travel from all I read.

i applied for an F Category Multi Entry 1 year Visa, and got one without problems, just my Indian Passport and HKID were needed,

this was around 26 March... 1 month earlier only..

but i have earlier visa of same category and validity.

WBR
    Syed

Never had a China multiple entry visa. Got a one year one with passport and HKID without issues.

Just got back from CTS

UK Passport, Have RTL and they're charging $1440 for a 6 month multi L Visa.
    You can no longer get 12 months as thats a new ruling thats come into place.

Jimbo,

The post before yours seems to suggest that CTS are telling porkies.

It seems clear that the answer is to go straight to the Chinese "consulate". The travel agents are not incented to get you long validity visas obviously.

Thanks PDLM but unfortunately me being out in Taikoo and taking a half day to hang around Wanchai till I'm seen to is not a viable option sadly thus ended up going to CTS instead.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Thanks PDLM but unfortunately me being out in Taikoo and taking a half day to hang around Wanchai till I'm seen to is not a viable option sadly thus ended up going to CTS instead.
    Go at around 4:00 - 4:30 PM, it is empty at that time, when i went there were only 3 other people in the line...

took less then 20 minutes.

WBR
    Syed

Got a 6 months multi visa for my daughter today, she has UK passport and dependant visa for HK. Cost $890 dollars and I applied for it on Tuesday from the consulate in Wanchai.

I agree, it is better to go in the afternoon when there are less people.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Just got back from CTS

UK Passport, Have RTL and they're charging $1440 for a 6 month multi L Visa.
    You can no longer get 12 months as thats a new ruling thats come into place.
    CTS said this to me last time, and like you I had no choice to use them for various reasons. I found out a few days after I had submitted my application to CTS that people were in fact getting one year visas on british passports.

This time (next week) I'm going down myself and not paying CTS's stupid prices (which is about double of the actual visa cost) for a one year visa (which I hope I will get).

I have heard only one other person claim (this person got the info through a TA) that you can only get 6 month visas. I however know one person who has just got themselves a 1 year visa.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I however know one person who has just got themselves a 1 year visa.
    Er, me, yesterday.