HKSAR passport for entering in Taiwan?

Closed Thread

HKSAR passport for entering in Taiwan?

Hi all!

I have a question about Taiwan.
    I was wondering if, to enter Taiwan, I need another document with my HKSAR passport or if my passport was enough?!

Because, I've read that there is a kind of entry permit for Taiwan but I don't know what it is and for who is it!
    Is it the same thing that the HK re-entry permit?

Thanks

Yes, you need some sort of permit with your HKSAR passport, I think you can even get it online, but I don't remember where.

But since you mentioned that you were French before, you can use that passport to go to Taiwan visa free for 30 days.

Yes, if I go to Taiwan, I will use my french passport!
    But I was just curious to know what documents were necessary to enter Taiwan; if the HK re-entry permit can be used there!

I think you can get this permit online, or at the Chunghwa travel agency, which is like an unofficial Taiwan government office. I've just seen a relative do it online, it seemed easy enough. But you have to be born in China (mainland, HK, Macau) to do it online.

The HK re-entry permit is used to enter HK itself, I don't think you can really use it go to anywhere. And you don't need one if you have another document that can let you enter HK, such an an HKSAR passport or HKID card.

It's pretty much only of use for mainland immigrants to HK that haven't got right of abode yet, and perhaps lost their ID cards, or those that are under 11 that don't have an ID nor passport.

I would just use your French passport. You'd have to pay a fee for that permit and it's only 14 days per entry whereas on the French passport, you get 30 days.