Visa for my baby, us parents have HKID already

Closed Thread

Visa for my baby, us parents have HKID already

We just moved to HK, already have our HKID, but when we applied for it, my baby hadn`t been born yet, so we need to get a visa for him now.
    I read the website, but since we`re applying for our baby, some of the points do not correspond. And I can`t seem to get a hold of any immigration workers on the telephone - only recordings.
    So, before I make the trek to Wanchai office with my baby and my husband who is the sponsor(I am also a dependent), I just want to know what kind of documents we need to supply to them.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks~

You need to fill out a dependend visa application. Also, when you recieved your birth certificate, they should have given you a peice of paper to include with the application. I am not sure exactly what the peice of paper is but when my baby was born here they gave me one and told me to include it with the application. Did you get your baby's passport yet b/c you will need that as well as the birth abroad certificate from your country of origin. Hope that helps.

Birth abroad certificate? We don`t have anything like that. What is it? He was born in China but he has a Japanese passport and his sponsor is Japanese(his father). Also, we didn`t receive any other paper with his birth certificate. I didn`t read any of that on the HK immigration website...???

I am not sure about Japanese births abroad but we recieved one from the states. I brought mine just in case and gave it to them. They did use it when i got my visa extended. Maybe it is different for Japan?? Also, you don't need to bring your child with you to Hong Kong immigration, like you do for the passport (at least you do for US when you apply for passport). hope that helps.