3 year rule on HK ID Card

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by westhingz:
    thanks now i know what RTL is. But i must now clear up my question.

My farther has land in his village in the NT (New Territories), later on when i inherit it or need to take control of it, can i do so without being a Permanent Residence which is same as enjoying a ROA 3*** on my ID Card?

Cause i might postpone my trip back, till after 36 months since i was last in HK.

Thanks
    There was a thread about this before. see below:

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread42481.html

Just one last question:

Do you know if I can keep my ROA if my dad was still a HK citizen when I was born?

It sounds like you have ROA anyways.

It depends whether or not you are a Chinese citizen. If yes, you can't lose it regardless. If no, then you need to return to HK every 36 months.

roa is given to all second generation oversea hk ( whose parents born in hk), you can lose you roa, thus you don't need to come back every 36months, however, your future offsprings must be born in hk ( post 97) to have roa status

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    roa is given to all second generation oversea hk ( whose parents born in hk), you can lose you roa, thus you don't need to come back every 36months, however, your future offsprings must be born in hk ( post 97) to have roa status
    Did you mean "you cannot lose your RoA"?

In which case, I'm not sure your post matches the views of experts like aritaurus and hairball...

dear mr pdlm 'our resident critic'

first thing, that's for the correction, "you cannot lose your RoA"

second, i myself (second generation oversea hk ( whose parents born in hk) have not been in hk for more than 36months post 97, eg, came in 2000, then came back in 2005, then 2006 (changed over to smart without losing my ROA - 居留權), finally emigrated to hk in 2007.

third, my younger and older brother and many friends have ROA/ 居留權 status have not visited hk for more than 36months, also have not lose ROA - 居留權 status.

Then it's likely the case you are a Chinese citizen.

Because it's pretty clear that if you are non-Chinese and away from HK for more than 36 months, you will lose ROA.

Whether someone born overseas to a HK parent has ROA in HK is complex, and not as simple as you explain it.

if that's the case, if i am chinese citizen, how come i was refused a 回響証 in 2007, they mentioned you can't get 回響証 with a hk id, you need a hk sar passport, then i tried to applied for passport and was refused as i have to live in hk for 7 years.

i know many overseas ROA - 居留權 holder sucessfully applying for a 回響証 prior 2005 with a id card, however, 2 of my friends have experienced being refused a 回響証 when applying of a new 回響証 post2005.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    if that's the case, if i am chinese citizen, how come i was refused a 回響証 in 2007, they mentioned you can't get 回響証 with a hk id, you need a hk sar passport, then i tried to applied for passport and was refused as i have to live in hk for 7 years.

i know many overseas ROA - 居留權 holder sucessfully applying for a 回響証 prior 2005 with a id card, however, 2 of my friends have experienced being refused a 回響証 when applying of a new 回響証 post2005.
    Certainly sounds a bit like an anormaly. Just curious, how do you *know* you still hold ROA?

If immd is saying you are not eligable for a hk sar passport, it suggests that you no longer hold ROA.

Quote Originally Posted by titus666:
    Certainly sounds a bit like an anormaly. Just curious, how do you *know* you still hold ROA?

If immd is saying you are not eligable for a hk sar passport, it suggests that you no longer hold ROA.
    but my id card, still says ROA (居留權), thus, i have ROA, however, i must stay in hk for 7 years to get a HK sar passport.

I am starting to suspect CTS' employees are sometimes misleding, as my original reason was to apply for return home pass (回嚮証) and they refused, saying i need a HKSAR passport ( they also was dodgy when i applied for china visa last year as they conned me in buying additional tickets to china)

has anyone sucessful applied for a new return home pass (回嚮証)with AO status on their id card ( oversea chinese with ROA status) who have not lived in hk for 7 years?