Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By Claire ex-ax

Countries to lose visa-free status as overstayers soar

Closed Thread

Countries to lose visa-free status as overstayers soar

Article from "The Standard".

A very good friend of mine attended a meeting at with the Indian High consulate, several years ago, when this problem was highlighted.

Would be nice to see if Hong Kong immigration can develop some balls and actually seperate India from the the offending South Asian block.

Right now their so called "harmony" policy is to treat Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis as the same, presumably under the "they all look the same" guideline.

The sad part is .. the officers can turn away people at the borders and they refuse to do so.. because they've not been trained to actually to make decisions. (Some day over a beer ask me how the Sri Lankan racket works...)

Bleah...

i have a mother who overstayed in hongkong for 1 year...its been 3 days we still dont have connection with her,,,how many months can she be in prison??

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by eddilyn:
    i have a mother who overstayed in hongkong for 1 year...its been 3 days we still dont have connection with her,,,how many months can she be in prison??

1. Contact your consulate.

2. When you see her, tell her how much of a stupid bint she is for choosing to break the law.