'duration of stay' for tourist visa app - indian passport

Closed Thread

'duration of stay' for tourist visa app - indian passport

Hey everyone,

I'm planning a 2-month trip to HK with a friend who has the misfortune of being an Indian passport holder . For as beautiful as that country is, it sure has a terribly limiting passport. Indian passport holders are only allowed to visit HK visa-free for 14 days, so we're trying to organize a tourist visa for him.

My question is: how much time in HK can an Indian passport holder realistically request on the tourist visa application for a simple 'leisure visit', without risking rejection? Is 2 months just too long?

I'm a permanent resident, so I'd be acting as the local sponsor for the application.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere on the forum. If it has, I totally missed it.

Thanks!
    -Michael

Quote Originally Posted by michael_s:
    Hey everyone,

I'm planning a 2-month trip to HK with a friend who has the misfortune of being an Indian passport holder . For as beautiful as that country is, it sure has a terribly limiting passport. Indian passport holders are only allowed to visit HK visa-free for 14 days, so we're trying to organize a tourist visa for him.

My question is: how much time in HK can an Indian passport holder realistically request on the tourist visa application for a simple 'leisure visit', without risking rejection? Is 2 months just too long?

I'm a permanent resident, so I'd be acting as the local sponsor for the application.

I'm sorry if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere on the forum. If it has, I totally missed it.

Thanks!
    -Michael
    1) Its not a misfortune to hold Indian passport. there are regulations for everything and I am sure there must be a reason for this too.

2) tell your friend to apply visa in India itself before coming to Hong Kong. He can get three months visitor's visa.

Thanks for the info, mercury_element.

Having an Indian passport is amazing when you want to travel through India, Nepal, or Bhutan. It can be a hassle, though, when you want to travel to some other places. It's the same thing with my own passport -- a south african passport.

Anyway, thanks -- I'll let him know he should apply for a 2-month visa in Kolkata