How to get a work visa/working under the table

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005

    How to get a work visa/working under the table


    I'm a CBC (Canadian born Chinese) currently living in Australia. I am interested in working in Hong Kong but I do not have a TESL/Bachelor of Education (for teaching ESL) or not in a professional job (i.e. lawyer, accountant). I would like to work in Hong Kong for several months (improve my Cantonese-I'm unable to read or write and my conversation speaking skills are okay but thus, I would like to improve). Unfortunately, Canadians are unable to obtain a working holiday visa (unlike Australians)

    MY questions are:

    a) How easy is it to get a job working under the table as a ESL teacher?
    b) How do I get a work permit (if possible) to work in Hong Kong?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2003

    Find another site to discuss "working under the table". Whatever that is ....

    Work permits can be got by getting an employer to sponsor you for one.

    Open a new thread if you have any specific questions about work visas...