China Multiple Entry - are they at it again?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by elle
    It seems the rules have changed since then. A German friend of mine applied for a multiple visa (not sure whether F or L) in Germany and got rejected. Not sure what she got, have to check with her when she arrives in Hong Kong in a weeks time.
    I'll be going to visa office sometime this week. Will keep people updated.

Fingers crossed for you pin - let's hope they leave Hong Kong residents alone with the restrictions this time....

Last edited by elle; 04-05-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: spelling

china Visa

Anyone has any updates from the visa office on this?

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai
    Anyone has any updates from the visa office on this?
    I am hopefully going this afternoon (work dependant). Will update people when I come back..

Got a L - Multiple entry for six months
    No questions!! Indian passport holder and Hongkong RESIDENT..

I think the problem is contained to the business visas. The SCMP (today) reported rumors about the tourist/student visas being hit, but it could just be some clerk's confusion about the new non-policy.

well am in the line at present. It is looking long. Had a tiny bit of trouble trying to find exactly where to go to.
    Posted via Mobile Device

By way of update, have just come back from visa office.

As said, took a bit of a while to find. It not in the main building, but you need to go to the ground floor to the side of the building closest to Fleming Road. There are two lines outside the building, one for visa application and one for visa / passport collection. The two line system is stupid, as everyone has to pass through the one x-ray machine and then up the lift.

Once on the seventh floor someone checks your application form quickly and gives you a ticket where you wait your turn. Took me around 5 mins before I was called up. Lady behind booth checks application (which should include application form, passport sized photo and photocopy of HKID) and has a look at your HKID . Was then given a chit with pick up date and maximum possible fee to be paid when picking up passport (which will be on Tuesday). Possible fee indicates that I will get a 1 year visa, but won't know until I go on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    Possible fee indicates that I will get a 1 year visa, but won't know until I go on Tuesday.
    That means you are already given a 1 year visa. Congratulations! Happy travel in China!

Quote Originally Posted by OZTOHK
    That means you are already given a 1 year visa. Congratulations! Happy travel in China!
    No, it doesn't. He hasn't handed the money over yet, it is just for reference.

And the two-line system is innane unless the place is packed (Mondays, days after public holidays). They usually let the pick-up line move faster than the drop-off line when the drop-off line strteches the entire block.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast