China Multiple Entry - are they at it again?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

China Multiple Entry - are they at it again?

Yesterday we were speaking with one of the various agents we use in HK and SZ for multiple entry business visa applications and they informed us that multiple entry visa's have now been stopped again and it's only possible to get double entry business visa's.

This has been attributed to the 60th birthday of the PRC as well as the Asian games. Anyone else experienced this in the past week?

We apply for these for customers who are not HK residents and I'm interested to see if we have another Olympic situation on our hands.

Please don't let this happen again! We are just about to apply for the one year multi-entry visa to China as we really enjoyed the Sichuan food in Shenzhen, and are planning to go there more often later on...plus visiting other parts of China...

I just found this on their website:

(3) Foreigners with Hong Kong resident status can apply for L or F multiple visa valid from half year to one year by providing personal Hong Kong Identification Card, as well as a copy of the said ID card.

We have HKID cards with numbers starting with 'R'. That at least means temporary resident status, doesn't it? So I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by OZTOHK
    We have HKID cards with numbers starting with 'R'. That at least means temporary resident status, doesn't it?
    If you have either a current valid visa to live in HK (Employment Visa, Dependant Visa, Investment Visa, etc) or a Permanent ID Card (it will have the word "Permanent" on it) then you are a HK Resident.

The letter at the beginning of your HKID number has, in general, no significance, except perhaps given some indication in some situations of when it was first issued. (There is an exception for people on Domestic Helper visas who can now be identified by their HKID if the card was issued recently.)

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM
    If you have either a current valid visa to live in HK (Employment Visa, Dependant Visa, Investment Visa, etc) or a Permanent ID Card (it will have the word "Permanent" on it) then you are a HK Resident.

The letter at the beginning of your HKID number has, in general, no significance, except perhaps given some indication in some situations of when it was first issued. (There is an exception for people on Domestic Helper visas who can now be identified by their HKID if the card was issued recently.)
    Thank you very much PDLM. I've found you are super knowledgable and super helpful on this forum. Did I mention you are also super dedicated to this forum?

Could you please advise a bit further on the helper visas...I was going to apply for a multiple entry visa for my helper too(really want her to go to Shenzhen with us to enjoy the food and sightseeing there). So are helpers considered residents of HK since she also has an ID card as well? Thanks a lot!

Well they are residents of HK, but whether they can get multi-entry visas I'm not sure. I don't have one. I do know that they can get single-entry Shenzhen visas for HK$150 time on demand at the border (Filipino ones at least - I assume the same for other nationalities).

Well they are residents of HK, but whether they can get multi-entry visas I'm not sure. I don't have one. I do know that they can get single-entry Shenzhen visas for HK$150 time on demand at the border (Filipino ones at least - I assume the same for other nationalities).
    I had asked in Macau for my Indonesian DH there, and they said if I have a multiple visa (I have 1 year) she could apply for 6 months. They want a copy of the employment contract and my ID card too when she applies. Not sure about HK, but I believe it should be similar.

Thanks hktraveller for replying. I will try my luck today, but I'm not even sure whether we can get the one year or at least 6 months multi-entry visas yet...so I'd better bring up my helper's visa issue after ours have been successful...

This is one of the few times PDLM stands to be corrected...
    The fee for the Shenzhen visa is RMB 150,- and needs to be paid in RMB. there is a money exchange counter nearby the visa office though.

Ah - OK, thanks - I was just passing on from memory what Mrs PDLM told me. I have never felt the desire to go to Shenzhen myself.

i got one through one of teh travel agents in town- cost 1500 for a 6 mo multi entry. i've never gotten a china visa before either...
    hkid with ROA, usa passport...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast