How will immigration verify my diploma?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I am not sure if it will satisfy immigration or not but I am sure the University could provide a letter confirming your diploma. This may allow immigration to process your application pending the diploma. Worth trying anyway. I produce this sort of letter on a very regular basis.

Agree with you Moving - apart from other universities no company in the UK ever wanted to see my certificates.

But that's the whole point i'm making. Why doesn't immigration just call and verify.

Quote Originally Posted by eugenelee:
    But that's the whole point i'm making. Why doesn't immigration just call and verify.
    Because it is not their job or responsibility. It is your responsibility to provide the evidence to support your application.

So you're telling me they won't bother calling and verifying?

That's not very comforting to hear.

a) continual asking of the same question is quite annoying
    b) don't believe anyone here can speak of behalf of immigration, ergo not only is your repetitive question annoying, but moot.

So you're telling me they won't bother calling and verifying?

That's not very comforting to hear.
    Of course they won't. Do you honestly think they ring up every school and university for every one of the thousands of applications they process each day? For goodness sake get real here. This is HK. HK is a paper based society where FORMS matter. You fill in the form. You do what is says (ie attach a certificate). Some guy at the other end checks you filled in the form and supplied what it asks and ticks the box. You get your visa.

At the end of the day, YOU want the visa so YOU do the work. Not them. We are all trying to be helpful here, but live in the real world. If you want to live in HK, you have to get used to the forms because next you are going to have to open a bank account and then you are really going to see a few (unnecessary and annoying) hoops.....

MovingIn07...thanks and you do make a valid point. I just wonder why things aren't more technically advanced like a database they can check or something.

Anyways, i'll need to get someone to grab it and fax it to me.

Thanks

No worries. Good luck next in the bank and with internet banking .... you only really start to appreciate the whole paper form thing in the bank! (And I started several threads along the lines of "why is HK so lacking in technological advancement" re banking so I know exactly where you are coming from!)

>> Why doesn't immigration just call and verify.

Jeez .. have you ever dealt with govt departments or any other immigration departments in the world?

They have a process and are hardly likely to change just because you want them to do something that is not in the process.

The paperwork they need is clearly documented and it is up to you, as someone who wants to work in HK to follow the documentation and comply. It is NOT immigration's duty to bend and change their rules for anyone to rolls into town.

My point being.. your life will be stress free, if you just accept that some things have to be done in a certain way, prepare for those things and just follow them.

>> This is HK. HK is a paper based society where FORMS matter.

An unfortunate thing that happened to any country that was a part of the RAJ. People do forget that most of HK's systems and processes existed pre-97 when the brits were in charge.

Just a gentle reminder .. I'm a red flag waving mood this week. Finally went and picked up my permanent ID card.. about 9 years late.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    An unfortunate thing that happened to any country that was a part of the RAJ. People do forget that most of HK's systems and processes existed pre-97 when the brits were in charge.

Britain is miles ahead of HK in using technology for administration though.