HKID eligible...? (plz...)

Closed Thread

HKID eligible...? (plz...)

Hi,

I know i should RTFF and which I did but I found no one to be similar with my case.

For me I'm a Korean (who was just born in Korea) and over 18.

My Korean dad is now a permanent resident and my (step) mother is a Hong Kong citizen.

I used to have a HKID while back but now expired. (I was studying in Beijing and wasn't in HK in time to extend my visa)

I am in Hong Kong with a Korean passport and plan on staying.

Ok that goes for me...

I went to the Wan Chai immigration department twice trying to ask whether I am eligible to apply for HKID and what are the requirements.

First visit, they tell me that if I used to have a HKID, I can renew it and get a new one with no problem. Which sounded too good to be true, so I go home take the HKID I used to have and go back to the immigration dept to find someone else telling me that my HKID is no longer useful...
    I ask if I have other options...
    One, I apply for visa first as a student/worker and then apply for HKID.
    Second, I can apply through my mother since she is a citizen. (Not really sure if the person knows she is my STEP mother, and me being an idiot not asking)...

I tried calling the place but can't get through...

suggestions? anyone?

btw, I'm also searching for friends.... to chill, hang out, take meaningless pics... etc....

thx...

Some more data would be helpful:

What visa did you have to get your HKID card (look in your old passports if you have them)? Presumably a Dependant Visa based on one of your parents?

What letters does it have on the front of your HKID card? Something like "CO" ?

Were you legally adopted by your step-mother? Did she marry your father before you turned 18?