Waiting over 8 weeks for RTL...any suggestions?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ok, so...Statutory declaration a no go. I called my respective birth registry and was told that it will take approx. 8 weeks to get my certificate amended (not a time frame I can deal with)...anyone know if they'll accept a frekin DNA test???

The issue, regrettably, is not whether he is your biological father (which a DNA test would prove) but whether he is your legal father. (DNA tests in contested cases in the UK have show that something like 20%+ of fathers named on the birth certificate were not in fact the biological father).

I am really quite surprised that a Statutory Declaration is unacceptable to ImmD (sorry about my inaccurate suggestion there), but that being so I'm really not sure that you have any alternative but to get your birth certificate amended. You should probably do this is any case since similar problems may recur in future.

In Germany it would be enough to officially declare fatherhood.
    (Not sure about here and especially the timing).

And it is not even important if it is biologicvally possible that you are the father (Age or race). Only the mother has to accept it.

There was a case in south America where a former German magistrate who out of revenge for something did this with 1000 Children in I think it was Brazil to get them German citizienship and access to German schools. Since he had no money, it lt was paid by the german welfare system. After that the Gouvernment enacted a law that gives the state a right to revoke it if it is an obviously abusive case.

Quote Originally Posted by hktraveller:
    And it is not even important if it is biologically possible that you are the father (Age or race). Only the mother has to accept it.
    Hence my point that a DNA test wouldn't help.