14 day visa-free immig. ext. 1 mo. stay, pls. read

14 day visa-free immig. ext. 1 mo. stay, pls. read

Hi.

I'm a US green card holder but hold a Philippine passport will travel to HK next month for a 14 day entry visa-free. My purpose to visit HK is to visit my dad who lives in HK and a HK citizen, what are my chances of going to the immigration alone and asks to extend my stay for a month or two months. I try not to go in and out of Macau or China b/c I know immigration will (hopefully) give me another 14 days. My other option is to probably drag my dad to the immigration with me but no asurance, his 87 yrs old and don't know his health situation as I have not seen him for almost 10 yrs. After my stayed in HK I will travel to the Philippines for business purposes then back to Hk again before going back to the US. Would this be a problem in regards to immigration. The reason I ask b/c I'm a Philipino passport holder as you know..I can see, not read, the mind of the immigration.. poor country, will be judge poorly.

Second questions, can I apply a 1 month visa from HK/China embassy before I leave in the US?

I appreciate everyone's advice. Thank you.

tiki: Make sure you carry some evidence of financial standing (copy of bank account statement etc). Immigration is usually concerned about the fact that you're not going to support yourself.

You might want to contact the local Chinese embassy close to you and see if they'll just give you a visa (this is possible...)

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/embassy.htm

You'll find immigration officers at overseas posts are usually less prejudiced than the ones here... (perhaps prejudiced is a wrong word .... they're more sophisticated).

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm

Smile

Thank you Knowitall for the quicky. I will take your advice. I will go to one of the Chinese embassy here. However, I have no problem showing my bank account.

Thank you again I appreciate your help and your help to all of us here in the forum.

Hi KnowItAll

I went to immigration website and got the phone number of the Chinese consulate here in the US. I called and speak with the consulate rep. After explaining my pupose to visit in HK, she told me that in order for me to get a month visa for HK with a Phil passport I can apply a visa here in the US. However, she said that it may take 5 days to 2 weeks because they still have to wait the approval from HK immigration.

My other concern is that I live in Atlanta and the closest Chinese consulate is in Washington DC which is a long drive plus expenses, I can fly but I don't think its worth the hassle at the airport with the airport security the line is about a mile long to search the passengers.

So I guess I have to try my luck with a 14 day stay without visa and apply from there. Will show them my net worth and hopefully this will solve my problem.