How to report illegal stay in China

Closed Thread

How to report illegal stay in China

What is the highest immigration authority in China that the public can report fake visa/illegal stay to?

I need to report somebody who is staying in China illegally. The problem is that they bought a fake visa off the police in order to stay once their contract ended. Therefore, if I report it to the police, it will go through the local bureau, who will obviously not investigate it or do anything about it.

Does anybody know the best way to deal with this? Avoiding the police to begin with so at least it is very hard for them to cover it up/dismiss the case?

Quote Originally Posted by Solo24:
    What is the highest immigration authority in China that the public can report fake visa/illegal stay to?

I need to report somebody who is staying in China illegally. The problem is that they bought a fake visa off the police in order to stay once their contract ended. Therefore, if I report it to the police, it will go through the local bureau, who will obviously not investigate it or do anything about it.

Does anybody know the best way to deal with this? Avoiding the police to begin with so at least it is very hard for them to cover it up/dismiss the case?
    Wow. Although you have all the desire and passion of an "informer" (motherland is proud of you), the utter incompetence will likely always stand in your way.

You have answered the question yourself. Stop thinking about revenge ( you are obviously P'd off about something ) and get on with your life.

In real China the police control everything and you would not have either the money or influence to even make the smallest of impacts.

You are right, I am pissed off about something. But I have actually tried to get on with my life by moving to HK. The idea was when I left China the other person would have to as well because their visa would be invalidated. However they bought a fake visa and by staying are effectively blackmailing me and making my life a misery. I do not want to go into all the details (though I'm sure I shall likely be scorned for that too...)

It isn't about revenge, it is about getting an equal footing and being able to move on. I was just looking for some advice or some input from somebody who might know.

Perhaps equal footing could be gained by owning up to whatever he/she is blackmailing you about?

Visit your local district police. They'll contact the proper authority.

Be certain to be able to provide proof. :P

Additionally, there is no "immigration" in the PRC -- just Exit-Entry. Perhaps this is why you've been unable to find information online via the many search methods that I'm certain that you have done.

Last edited by Hokuto; 02-06-2009 at 02:20 PM.

Sensing a fellow immoralist, I felt I had to offer up something. How about generating some online indignation on Mainland sites? You know how they love a bit of mouth-frothing and mob fury...

You'd have to make up something horrifying that the person's done (hurting the feelings of the Chinese people, for example), and you'd either have to be untraceable or whiter than white. But if it worked I'm sure you could hound the person out of China. Isn't there a "flesh search" website or something?

"Flesh search" ("human flesh search engine" -- 人肉搜索) refers to the actual action of searching for information on a specific person believed to be a transgressor. For example, the human flesh search engine went after Grace Wang, a female Chinese undergraduate from Duke University who spoke to pro-Tibet and anti-Tibet protesters during the Tibetan unrest in 2008, going so far as to post her parents' contact information online. People online and off harassed her and her parents, leaving a bucket of excrement on their doorstep. They eventually went into hiding until the harassment died down.

Quote Originally Posted by Solo24:

A lot of decent people all over the world need to do some fancy dancing around visa laws just to earn a decent living overseas and get a break from hell-hole america or wherever they come from.

The scant info you provide makes your project look like dirty business I would not support. But if you might want to show how this person is really maliciously doing you wrong and not just trying to survive, then I might side with you.

There is no chance I would ever know who you or the other person is in any case.