Hi,

My husband's HK dependant visa is expiring soon, and he will be applying for an extension next month. I'm his spouse sponsor, a BBC and have HK permament ID status.

The thing is, I moved back to UK when I became pregnant, with the intention of having the baby there and to return to HK soon after. Things didn't turn out that way, and I've ended up staying in UK for the last 2 years. Our marriage hasn't broken down. Its just that health issues with both myself and baby since the birth have prevented me from returning to HK.

I know that one of the requirements as a spouse sponsor for the visa extension is that the sponsor has to be living in HK. I'm worried that I won't be able to extend my husband's visa because of this. I have every intention to move back to live in Hong Kong, just not yet while I'm still receiving medical treatments that's all.

Can anyone shed some light on my circumstances?

1. Does anyone know or have experience extending a visa where the sponsor has been away from HK for a long time?

2. How strict is this viewed by Hong Kong Immigrations?

3. Is it necessary for the sponsor to be in HK during the application process?

4. Also, I heard that if you get an interview, it means you got the visa and the interview is really just an appointment to get the visa sticker on the passport. Anyone know if this is true?

Appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.