Dependant visa for spouse for someone deputed for short term in HK

Closed Thread

Dependant visa for spouse for someone deputed for short term in HK

Hi,

Posting again . I would appreciate if somone can throw light on this situation. I am an Indian working for a company in US. The company plans to deput me to HK for short term to a parent company. Based on above information the first question is will I will be eligible for work visa. If the answer is yes, will my spouse be eligible for a dependant visa. Also, can somone change from visitor visa to dependent visa once they are already there in HK.

Thank You for any information provided.

Best Regards,
    Anis Kasmani

Yes to both questions. The answers are readily available if you spend 2 minutes browsing the forums.

Needless to say, it depends on the competance of the person who files the application.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Yes to both questions. The answers are readily available if you spend 2 minutes browsing the forums.

Needless to say, it depends on the competance of the person who files the application.
    Thank You KnowItAll. You do an impressive and very helpful job providing answers to questions like mine. Since I have to move to HK I have been going through a lot of the threads at this forum to gain knowledge about where to stay and how to travel once in HK and have found this forum very helpful and informative. Hopefully people in HK will also be as helpful as people out here.

About browsing the forum to get the answer to my question, I think my situation is different then most of the questions already answered by you and other very knowledage persons on this forumn. In my case I would be deputed for short term so do not know what kind of visa I would have and hence worried if I can get my spouse along. Most of the other cases answered are either people already have work visa or plan to come to HK and change status. Sorry, If I have been a cause of inconvenience. Please carry on the excellent work.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
    Anis Kasmani

The short term factor is irrelevant to be honest. Once an employment visa is processed, as long as you have the ability to support your spouse, you can apply for a dependant's visa.