Applying dependent Visa for hubby - need advice

Closed Thread

Applying dependent Visa for hubby - need advice

I'm a HK perm resident, have been having a long distance relationship with my man (local US citizen) for 5 years. Few weeks ago we finally registered in Las Vegas. My hubby is planning his move to HK hopefully July/Aug. I'm back to HK and hubby's still staying in the State.

I'm going to hand in his dependent visa application in the next 2 weeks and here it comes the questions. There are some supplimentary documents which is required e.g. marriage cert, address proof etc. We've everything ready, however, I heard and also read some threads from this forum that it's better to submit more than what the ImmD requires. What else in addition do we need to submit? We rarely post to each other but we email/txt everyday, has anybody submitted their history email before? Thinking to hand that in too but not sure if that'd work....

One other critical question... I understand it is important to proof my finacial status. I'll be by hubby's sponsor but I've only got HKD35k in my bank a/c, i've a stable job in HK but worrying if my cash-in-hand would be their concern... I spent most of my money on study in the last few years, I do have a few insurance w/ me, both saving & investment. Although that's not alot, probably will send them a copy of that too hopefully that'd work...

Anybody could share his/her experience?

Don't worry too much about Docs, As long as you have everything official, plus some pictures together, maybe some plane tickets back and forth it should be ok. The worst that is going to happen is Immigration will ask for something further, which will delay things a little bit, but you will not be outright denied because you forgot to include something not asked for.

As far as your financial proof it matters that you have a steady income more than anything. If you make more than $8k-$9k a month you should be ok.

Hihi HKChigger~ many thanks for your quick response.
    I'm making almost 20K per month so my income is stable.
    We're both worrying because his move has been postponed since 3yrs ago because of his family issue. We dont want any delay

@20K per month you are doing good enough,
    a stable long term job and proof that you have steady relation with the man will be more then enough for you.

i know some girl who had a job of less then 10K per month and she managed to sponsor her husband's dependent visa.

Good Luck.

WBR
    Syed