Delay in visa renewal

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Raising your voice is not the way to take it forward. As people here have suggested, you need to get to someone senior in the department. And better get someone authoritative & senior from your company to make the call. Someone with really good English would work in your favour.

Thanks for your ur replay. Iam not able to get any other number from my case officer. I asked her i need to talk to somebody senior level but she is not giving any contact number. Is there any way i can get/meet the senior person in the department. My company director also called her and asked her about the things to him also she is not giving any details.

Pls advice .

Steve.

This sounds really weird. Can you not go into the dept in person and ask to speak to a senior person? There is no point just talking to this junior officer - she's probably decided since you shouted at her to delay your application come what may. I would basically just sit there until they get someone? I think that's what I might do .... or try around the sides like contact InvestHK and see if they have any alternative contacts (saying that your company is generating work in HK so you need some help with the admin folks in immigration!).

I agree - this is very unusual. I suggest you get down to Immigration Tower and stay there until you can speak to a senior officer about your case. And, I'm sorry to say this, but if you can do it in the company of a large, articulate gweilo it may well chivvy things along a bit.

Sounds to me like somebody has seriously pished somebody off at Immigrassi.

It could stem from the original case officer. Having worked in Government before, I've seen junior officials who can't cope with even relatively simple administrative tasks, get burried under mountains of paper work and then get 'moved on' to other departments. Other officers, who usually already have enough of their own case load to take care of, are then told that they have to sort out the mess (which can include cases that have been sitting at the bottom of an 'in' tray for months). They don't prioritise these cases, since it's not a mess of their making and they are more than a little annoyed at having been told to sort it out. They take care of their own cases first, and dip into the other officer's backlog as and when they can find time.

In line with suggestions already made, here, the best way to get movement in a case like this is to make a personal appearance and to insist (politely but firmly) on speaking to some senior.

Dear VisaStucked,

These days, they recheck from several sources about the geniunity of application, let is be renwal application, they are checking with labor dept, IRD and other possible sources, as lot of firms are just getting employment visas for their staff , but not comlying with others rules like paying declare salary, MPF etc. So first you make sure, that your part or your sponsor company part dont have any present or past fault and all is clear from every angle.

If yes, then try to make some excuse to ID officer, that you have to apply the business visa or applying a loan from bank, to get some business finance or property finance, and that is not getting done, due to your hk resident status is pending or not clear. This might make them pressure to move you case faster than usual. remember , they might ask you some proof docs, so they can have excuse to process your app. fast or atleaset give you reply that your application is in positive or negative direction. So you can be relax or start getting some tension.

i am speaking from past and present cases exp.

Last edited by RamHK; 29-07-2009 at 12:17 PM.

Dear All,

Thanks for your comments.

Still i havent got the visa extended.

My sponsor is 25 years old company and they are clear with government records so there should be no problem in that area.

Today again in went to immigration, when i had given my application ref number i seen 1 lady taken the file and carried to some officer. After few minutes officer called me and told still the case is in process and will inform once the process is completed. Also he telling still waiting for some documents, when i asked what document he needs i can provide he is telling document from his department itself.

When i asked him for to whom i have to approach to know the status today he had given another 1 new number and told the person who will attend the call will be my case officer. This number is different when checking the number of my old case officer. Then i called the general complaint number 28294141 and told about my case they had collected the details and told they will check with the department and call me back.

should i have to approach or move anybody else in the department. Pls advice.

Thanks
    Steve.

What business is your company in and what is your position and job title with the company?
    It seems unusual that you have such a delay - I'm trying to think of reasons why they might have got the arse with you - bureaucrats can wield more power than their positions often indicate.

my company is IT Consultant. My position is Country Head (Operations).

Steve.