Shenzen Single Visit Visa

Closed Thread

Shenzen Single Visit Visa

Hey, I'm looking to head over to Shenzen for just 1 day to go get a (non dodgy!) massage and check the place out. I'm leaving HK to return to the UK in a couple of weeks so this is my last chance. I'm a British Passport holder and have a HKID, I'd heard that there was some sort of Shenzen Special Economic Zone visa that doesn't cost as much if I cross over at Lo Wu. Does anyone know if this is the case? I wouldn't want to spend much more than HK$200 on the visa.

The 5 day SEZ visa at the border is available for UK passport holders but at a price of RMB490. You cannot get a cheap visa on a UK passport!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponge:
    Hey, I'm looking to head over to Shenzen for just 1 day to go get a (non dodgy!) massage and check the place out. I'm leaving HK to return to the UK in a couple of weeks so this is my last chance. I'm a British Passport holder and have a HKID, I'd heard that there was some sort of Shenzen Special Economic Zone visa that doesn't cost as much if I cross over at Lo Wu. Does anyone know if this is the case? I wouldn't want to spend much more than HK$200 on the visa.
    I believe it would cost you HK$460 min for a visa to china on your uk passport, while don't you go to china consulate in wan chai and get a 6 months unlimited for HK$900.

if you go to cts, they are even worse, about HK$600 for single use.

BTW, it's only HK$150 for a non uk passport, but if you're on a US passport it will cost HK$1050 min!!!

Is it possible for the OP to go on a group visa, so cutting costs?

Although looking at this package it is not that cheap.

Last edited by drumbrake; 28-07-2009 at 11:46 AM.