Submitting Permanent ID (ROA) Application

Closed Thread

Submitting Permanent ID (ROA) Application

Is it true that I can't submit my application in person? I need to apply by post, drop box or online? See here:
    The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region - Immigration Department

I also booked an appointment to apply for an ID card through their online appointment booking service. Can I submit the ROA application this way???

thanks!

What is it that you want to do?

You give them the forms. They say thanks very much. We will contact you when we have reviewed them.

How is going to ImmD and just dropping it in their drop box any different?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You have to wait for approval before you change your current ID card to a PR one, so no need to book an appointment yet (you are jumping the gun a bit there).

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 28-07-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Moreover the RoA section is pretty quiet so when they write to you, assuming they are happy with your application, they will propose a timeslot for you to attend with the original documents that they require sight of, but if you can't go then and just randomly roll up the wait isn't very long.

anyone have any experience applying online???

I think you can submit copies of correspondence online, instead of printing them and submitting it in person.

I'm sure the website will have sufficient instructions.

Application for Permanent Residency

I have been in HK for 7 years on an employment visa and will submit my application for permanent residency next week. I had to get a visa extension last week and they only gave me one year due to a minor criminal conviction in 2007. I was bound over by the court for one year and as long as I did not repeat the minor offense during the 12 month period, this was supposed to be erased from my record. Obviuosly it is still on my record and now in my immigration file.

Will this effect my chances of getting ROA application approved and getting my permanent ID?

Greatly aprreciate any advice!

Thx

Interesting question. What is clear from the declaration on the ROP145 is that if you had been imprisoned for any length of time at all then you would not be eligible (or at least that would reset the 7 year clock to zero). For a non-custodial binding over then you don't appear to be excluded just because of that, but I have no idea whether it is deemed sufficient discretionary grounds for denying the application. Clearly I guess you would have a better chance if you applied after the 12 months bind over had finished.