Work Visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Work Visa

undefined
    Help!
    I have just been offered a job in Hong Kong. I will need to start work on 15 Oct. I should be receiving an offer letter from the Company tomorrow so I can only send out my visa application the day after. I have been told that it will take 4 to 6 weeks to process my visa application.

Is there any way I can get this done in 2 weeks (so I have a work visa by 15 Oct) ?

Is it better to go through the Chinese consulate in my own country or fax directly to HK Immigration Dept?

Is there any way I can work while my visa application is being processed?

Help!!!

Very unlikely.

Probably to HK ImmD directly.

No, not legally.

If your employer wants you that fast then they should be helping you through the Employment Visa process - it works much better if someone from the company walks your application into the Immigration Department, explains it, addresses any obvious shortcomings in the application immediately (e.g. missing supporting documents) and generally impresses on Immigration that they want you quickly.

Thanks PDLM.
    Problem is I will be working for a European Company. I will be replacing the 1 person they have in HK. So the Company does not have anyone in HK. Sigh

Last edited by The Pearl; 21-09-2005 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Typo

Emigra

hello

For any application it is valueable that on the first submission you include everything that they will need and that it is organised. If you do not give them everything the first time around then when they go over their tick list there will be some things missing, causing a delay and reducing your chances of getting the visa quickly.

Our company can manage the application for you if you are interested, you can send me a PM.

hi the pearl. I also just got an offer last week from an HK-based MNC. My employers are confident that there won't be any problems with them getting me an employment visa in 4 weeks. I do agree with PDLM that the best way to go about this is to have your employer do all the work for you (i.e., actually go to HKID). I heard that submitting it to a consulate will take much longer than 6 weeks. Hope this helps and good luck!

received my work visa last week and it took 7 weeks...for example

there was a previous thread on this---http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread2453-work+visa+weeks.html

check this one out for answers on expedited work visa processing.

Thanks all for the information.
    I will only be in HK for 5 months, sort of 'on the job training' in the HK office then later will be transfered. Would it be less of a hassle to apply for a 'Training Visa' instead of a 'Work Visa'?

agree with earlier posts, my visa took about 8 or 9 weeks to go thru, and a friend of mines took 3 months. Doubt that you will be able to get any visa rushed through.

usually it takes 4-6 weeks. I have done plenty of employement visa for US citizen, PRC, taiwan..etc. You may ask you company to send your application form by hand and tell the officer that you need to process this application asap. they will send the acknowledgement receipt to you within 4-6 days and after you have receive it, call the immigration hotline immediately and inform them your reference no.
    Sometimes, it may takes 3 days for the officer to call you but if you keep on calling them, they will move fast. My experiences to get the working visa within 2 weeks...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast