Do I have a chance?

Closed Thread

Do I have a chance?

Hello everyone. I am an American, who currently lives in Guangzhou. I own a small business selling solar panels and other alternative energy products. I have a limited company set up in Hong Kong. I was wondering if it would be possible, in the future, to use my company to sponsor myself a work visa? I think an investment visa is out of the question because, as of right now, I don't have millions of HKD. My company was set-up this year and I am pretty sure it will show profit this year.
    The problem... my degree is in Criminal Justice, and its a two-year degree at that... I have extensive knowledge of alternative energy, but I am almost completely self taught. My work experience includes Police work; being a partner in a small Construction Company in the States and Teaching English. Naturally I am fluent in English and I am currently studying Cantonese. I am 27 years old.
    The main reason I want to move to Hong Kong is to use Hong Kong's more efficient services; mainly banking and shipping. Also, as much as I love Guangzhou, it is difficult for a foreigner to build a life here. There are too many restrictions on foreigners in the mainland, everything from transporting currency to buying a house; and permanent residency is almost impossible.

There is some sort of visa for people like yourselves if you set up a business in HK. I think that there is some level of investment required but not HUGE amounts - best check out the gov visa website for clarity.