Holiday in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Holiday in Hong Kong

I'm a European boy who is going to take a long holiday next December. It will be for almost 5 months, I hope. I want to visit HK first, and I also plan to visit Singapore, then i will come back to HK. For my initial entry into HK I have a visa for 3 months, so I was wondering: if I go to Singapore after 2 months, and i come back before my initial 3-month visa expires, will I be given another visa for 3 months to stay in HK with my European passport?

Thank you for clarifying the situation.

Yes - no problem at all.

So, I can undestand that if I cross the border before finishing my 90 days allowed to stay in HK with my European passport and I come back in HK again, always before the first 90 days allowed, I will have 90 days more to stay in HK if I decide to finish my holyday in that exciting city. Then, it means, I can get 6 months in HK without any problem. But I also have another question: If finally I decide to do it, I'm not sure if I will find some problems with the Immigration Department to justify my second visit in HK in only 3 months. I want to say, if it would be a problem to reentry in HK in this short period of time, having, of course, enough money for this long holiday as well as acommodation.

you won't have a problem. Immigration in Hong Kong doesn't ask questions at all unless they see you are making a regular trend.

With that being said Caucasians tend to get away with visa runs longer. I know people who go in and out every three months for a year or more at a time with no questions asked.

Thank you very much for your answers. I also want to visit Macao from HK. What happen when I come back to HK? Are my initials 90 days allowed changed for other 90 days? And when I will visit Shangay from HK by train, I know that I will need a visa to enter in China. My question is...how many days do I need to get a travel visa to visit Shangay from HK? I suppose 2 or 3 days will be enough, but I'm not sure. My idea is to stay in Shangay 1 week, and after, go back to HK.

Yes - every time you enter Hong Kong you are granted a 90 day stay from that day.

You should probably get the China Visa in your home country before you leave. The rules about non-HK residents getting China visas in HK are subject to change at quite short notice so there is a risk that you couldn't get it here.

Therefore, will I get other 90 days allowed in HK when I finish my visit in Macao and enter again in HK from the ex-portuguese colony?

Yes, as has been stated repeatedly. Every time you enter HK from anywhere else you will be given another 90 days. I'm sorry I can't make it any clearer than that.