passport control at Macau Port

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Do they ask to see your HKID at Macau then?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I regularly take both my passports to the US. I do try and ensure I enter and exit on the same one though! And tend not to wave the second one around, just in case there are some dumb immigration folks who have yet to figure out that dual nationality is not uncommon in the rest of the world....
    just a quick note: if you have a US passport you must use it to enter and exit the US regardless of what other passports you may have...

I agree with your comment re: keeping the other passport(s) in the pocket; some of those kind souls working for airport security firms can be overzealous and uninformed!

Quote Originally Posted by Konijntje:
    Macau immigration usually looks for the HK exit stamp and stamp next to it. I'm guessing that if not HK, they will look for China (or other) exit stamp. I guess this would also be to facilitate "SCL" spotting when re-entering HK. HK residents who wouldn't have a HK exit stamp get "HKID" written above or below the Macau entry stamp.
    Interesting, but does not appear to be correct (at least not consistently). I actually went back to my pre-PR passports to check this and only on one occasion was there a scribble above the Macau entry stamp - and I am not convinced that it actually says "HKID."

Might be a "new-ish" procedure - have been to Macau about 6 times since arriving in HK (April 2008), and have HKID written every time except for the initial visa run...not that it really matters anyway anyway - I don't think we have any special rights/condition in Macau as HK (non PR)residents!

My experience is as follows. I can't answer the specific aspects on the PRC passport though.

1. Permanent HKID alone is fine. If you only have a work visa, you need your passport. I found out the hard way when my GF at the time sailed through and I got sent back.

2. At Macau they do want to see an exit chop from Hong Kong. Bring your other passport and HKID is case they ask questions.

3. I am a dual national and prefer having visas being put into my US passport as they allow extra pages to be put in. My other one doesn't.