Rep office working visa and Invest. visa both granted

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rep office working visa and Invest. visa both granted

Hi there

i got so much information for this forum I have to give it back now !

just complete successfully a Working visa with a HK representative office ( myself) and an Investment working visa with creation of a ltd company to sponsor it ( my girlfriend). Feel free to ask questions about process !

cheers

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MatthN
    Hi there

i got so much information for this forum I have to give it back now !

just complete successfully a Working visa with a HK representative office ( myself) and an Investment working visa with creation of a ltd company to sponsor it ( my girlfriend). Feel free to ask questions about process !

cheers

Matt
    Hi Matt,

Congrats with your visa's!
    Could you tell me a bit more on your process with getting the investment working visa through LTD?

Hi

we did not use any agent to have the visa. Started the process first week of july and visa was granted this week...
    in June we created a Ltd (graphic design) where my gf has 80% of the share. it is important coz you need to show Immigration that the person who apply for visa is the key person of the company. In our case, she is the creative director so she is that key person. You need also to rent an office. you can find 6 months contract at 2000HKD a month. it is worth it to prove how serious you are in workin here.
    before submitting application, been carefully thru the checklist which is on immigration website and sent all documents. the key doc is the business plan. we made a nice and realistic one, showing and budgeting to hire two locals ppl within 6 months.
    4weeks after, Immigration requested additionnals documents ( and even some we already sent in the first batch. it is important to only send copies and not original.) So we send again requested documents. 3 weeks later, they asked more stuffs, especially regarding the financial situation of the company : invoices, contracts, letters of intentions, the more you give the better.
    yesterday, we received a fax tellin us that visa was granted.

lemme know if u need more details

matt

Interesting ifno. But bear in mind that if at the 12 month renewal date you haven't in fact employed two locals then your visa renewal may be somewhat tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthN
    just complete successfully a Working visa with a HK representative office ( myself) and an Investment working visa with creation of a ltd company to sponsor it ( my girlfriend).

cheers

Matt
    Is your girlfriend a local or HKID permanent resident?

Of course not - if she were she wouldn't need an Investment Visa.

As I understand it, the girlfriend got the Investment Visa for herself and then the company she set up applied for an Employment Visa for her boyfriend.

i got my own visa thru my own employer back in france. that is the rep office.
    my gf got her own LTD and got investment visa. She is Indonesian.

PDLM : totally agree you have to fullfill your business plan and keep ur words and hiring locals. that is what she intend to do ( and business is getting good so...)

OIC - completely separate applications. Good to see (and relevant to some other topics here) that ImmD regards foreigners coming to set up a business in graphic design to be a credible business plan. Presumably your gf has a solid track record in this field?

10 years working experience in indonesia, france, USA, UK , double Master, and i think what make the application going thru is that she already got the company working (even small stuffs) before coming to HK, and showed lot of quotations, letter of intent...showing the business will only keep growing...
    the second thing is , we realized that ImmD has linked up our two applications coz i hv 20% in her company. maybe the fact that I got my visa ( and expat )housing allowance makes ImmD more confident regarding financial situation.

Is the business employing locals 100% essential? Or is it to show that there will be a net benefit to HK? For example, what if the purporse of the business was inward investment, but the nature of the work meant you were very unlikely to need to employ someone yourself in the first year? For example the nature of the deals you were aiming to do in HK would lead to new employment by other companies, but not by yours? (If that makes sense!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast