Rep Office/Branch Office - Employment Visa

  1. #1

    Rep Office/Branch Office - Employment Visa

    How easy of a transition is it if my non-Hong Kong company were to:

    1. Set up a representative office first (to guage HK prospects)
    2. Rep offices sponsors me for an employment visa
    3. One/two years later, convert to a Branch Office
    4a. The Branch office would then sponsor me for another employment visa? or
    4b. Convert my employment visa from the Rep Office to Branch Office?

    Is step 3 an easy process?
    Is 4a or 4b correct?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Hello ABCD in HK!

    Did you get an answer to your above questions?
    One of my friend is in the same situation.

    Thank you in advance and good luck!


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hong Kong

    These are exactly the sort of questions that the InvestHK people are there to help you with.

    Last edited by PDLM; 23-11-2009 at 04:49 PM.