Visitor Visa Extension - Trip to Macau

Closed Thread

Visitor Visa Extension - Trip to Macau

Hi

I am an Indian Citizen and a U.S Permanent Resident, and have visited HKG a couple of times in the last year (using the 14 day visitor visa on arrival).

I am now planning an official trip to HKG and need to be there for 4 weeks. The Chinese Consulate here in the U.S requires more than 6 weeks to process my visa application and so that will not work for me.

I am told by our HKG Office that I could get in with a 14 day visitor Visa and in the second week, take the ferry ride to Macau and return back to HKG. At which time, I will get an additional 14 days visa.

My questions are:
    - How reliable is this approach?
    - Would I be asked to show my travel itinerary at any time? My current one shows me leaving HKG in 4 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Sunny.

You'll almost certainly be OK for a single renewal. Doing this for months on end is less likely to work.

The alternative would be to go to Immigration in Wanchai and simply request an extension with the support of a formal letter from your company's office here.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You'll almost certainly be OK for a single renewal. Doing this for months on end is less likely to work.

The alternative would be to go to Immigration in Wanchai and simply request an extension with the support of a formal letter from your company's office here.
    Though stating that you are here for meetings and discussions which I understand are allowed on a visitor's visa rather than 'real' work.

sunnyr: There is no problem with this. Everyone does this and I did it last month too. All you need to be careful of is to have a return ferry ticket, at least a few thousand HKD and if you are staying a night, the hotel itinerary - all this to get a Macau visa on arrival and enter, so then you can leave and re-enter HK. (they just want to make certain you're there to gamble and not to stay!) This is moreso for south asian passports even if you have a US GC.

HK authorities don't mind or care. And there is no problem in the itineraries as they don't even check your ticket.
    Posted via Mobile Device